Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Paradoxical Wanings

Bright future in the midst of rolling thunder
Seemingly caught in the Ocean's sway
Daring to escape the proverbial box
To open opportunity invites resistance
Unafraid are those seekers of the truth
They strive for more than they are given
Refusing to stand on the outside of it all
Listing left and right in the timeless void
Speak now or hold your tongue until it ends
Then may hap there was something you missed
Some words that needed life, yet you held fear
Unafraid are those who trust infinitely upon their heart
Unwavering, unbending, and ever stronger still
It takes gall to walk through such darkness
With only an errant promise of greater light
Ask me where I have been to receive such wonder
Ask me about how it used to be back then
Though I speak in riddles, My truth comes clearly
Out of past shadows, I forever shed my liar's skin
I pushed back on the Earth when it knocked me down
Though I felt its extravagant might, I held firm
Days are waning closer to Summer just now
The song of the wind reflects such a verse
As to be heard by all those who listen just a while
Long ago mid year held a powerful place in my soul
I longed for its warmth and the joys of being free
Yet Freedom is not found in such eventual seasons
Lest it is first known of the heart and of the mind
I look at you with my dreamer's stare
I wonder where you came from just now
Nothing beyond grace has released such a thing
The road traveled becomes narrow as the truth is known
Trudging it with peace, for its the brightest path I've been shown

No comments:

Post a Comment