Sunday, August 7, 2011

Burning Plane

There exist lesser worlds than this
I should know, I used to go there
Back when I owned everything
Yet held firmly to nothing at all
In another time, In another place
I challenged all that was real
Fighting wars with my self
And all that existed in my head
The roads that traverse to there
They seldom shine their light
Rather a wrong turn or two
Will find you in their void
Sunlit porches
Lazy afternoons
All thus mirroring reality
Yet incomplete somehow
Finding oneself is elusive
When rigidness is surreal
The end comes quickly there
Opening doors that go unseen
Stretch the imagination now
Easier to not be lost at all
Than to empty out your soul
Honest examinations
Keep reality lucid
When all else is brittle
Should you find yourself at home
Allow yourself to stay
Fading into the abyss
Is  Hell on Earth you see
Disconnected, Disconcerted
Unaware of anything inside
There are indeed lesser planes
In which to lose your way,
Ask me how I made it back,
How the fake trees melted
And I saw myself again
What  a story of wonder
Of non imaginary things
Summer evening on the porch
Lemonade in hand, Wondering
How fireflies became free

No comments:

Post a Comment