Friday, October 21, 2011

A Memory of the Cavalry

Who were we that stomped through sordid places
Our laughter burst into the atmosphere of conviviality
We had no where to go, but we didn't need to leave
There was us and there was them, and we were us
We ruled the world, We were kings, We were riders
The future could not come, Now was all there was
We would endure forever in our jolly ways
I wish I could tell you how I felt in them days
Before it was over, When we still knew the way
Some of the best days of my life happened there
I wasn't always sick, We weren't always lost
We never knew when the time had came
We missed our buses, We were late for tomorrow
Owning up to everything I've learned in thirty years
The windows are as short as the sound of doves
The old familiar place with the bent objects on the shelf
The place where we could be at home and feel alive
I wonder how it looks just now, No I don't want to know
Just let me lie in somber a little while, Then I will leave from here
That's all any of us ever do, Wander a path until it ends
Yet some of us find hope in others that we could not find in ourselves
Some of us met native spirits that made it all make sense
And some of us just lived the best way that we knew how

No comments:

Post a Comment