Sunday, December 25, 2011

Things

Once I held a
Wife
Knew not how to
Love
Yes, She went
Away
A career I had once
Too
Away it went as
Well
The same way as my
Wife
Gave away it
All
Money, I held no
Patience
As I burned away my
Pile
Traded it for
Lies
Bargained from the
Devil
The world I thought
Held
If only in my
Mind
I became its
Fool
It became my
Master
That is the way of
Things
Glass never
Dry
Soul perpetually
Empty
Even the world was
Gray
Held little clout
A path I long
Ambled
For giving away it
All
I stopped short
Of dying down
Inside
Another purpose
Of which I'm not
Aware
Surely as I breath
I stand here with a
Bucket
Full of lies you
See
I traded my things
Yesterday
And filled with perpetual
Doubt
I did not know
That they were yet
Gone
Nothing is worth your
Soul
No, objects
They could not save
You
And yet, you held them
Tight
But still they slipped
Away
And as they simply
Fell
From the Earth
You slid out to
Space
With them, Yes
You chased your
Things
As far as you could
Go
And though they meant
Nothing
You wouldn't know that
For a while yet to
Come
And you sat there,
Just looking at your
Bucket
And you wondered
What did it all
Mean
Why were you sad,
From the loss of
Things,
Or something else
Inside

No comments:

Post a Comment