Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Exercises in Futility

I came upon a red light
Of which I blew right through
Slowing my course, yeah right
I had many things yet to do
No real grasp on any thought
But ask me if I knew everything
And I'd convince you that I ought
For to me, no humility would cling
To my outsides nor my innards
Pride became a mask that I wore
While I toiled away in vineyards
My boat was miles away from shore
By the time that I lost all hope
No one amongst the sea to save me
Yet a man named Jesus had a rope
He reined me in and then set me free
For His Glory, I recount His works
I'd be foolish to forget the past
For in it, all of my evil lurks
But no longer do its shadows cast
The darkest clouds of yesteryear
Like when I ran through life alone
That angry man who lived in fear
Has been cast away to parts unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment