Monday, May 14, 2012

Not Done Yet(Somewhere in the Middle)

Think of a moment, or better two
What time have you  left
For all you're called to do
How many spins of earth
Are enough to cull your hunger
How many seconds from birth
Exist in your walk upon the path
Asking questions of myself
To ensure I don't forget to laugh
All of your inside secrets
Project  to this unclean earth
Boxes, Trinkets, Medals
Symbols of a broken man's girth
In what time I have left here
There is so much left to do
But running will not slow the clock
For it moves just as fast as you
Yet August comes quick for us
When Spring has just begun
Tarry not on yesterday's bus
Today's ticket is collecting dust
Eventually we all arrive
Yet some come with much less rust
My pen writes of journeys
And promises  yet unseen
Whether it inspires you relies,
On your own slate coming clean
I have no answers for your riddles
I only poke away at abandoned fires
And find, I've only reached the middle

No comments:

Post a Comment