Monday, May 27, 2013

All Men Fight Wars

All men must fight wars
After leaving childhood
They step into the storm
Some travel far and away
Others battling away inside

I've been with them some
Those men who lost it all
Still the sand I find in places
And often photographs of war
Tales of faces brave and scared

For some the battles still wage
Prisoners locked away at war
Their mind races with angst
At an enemy no longer seen
Men who forgot the way home

I'm not sure why it is I know
But all men must fight wars
Even those who never suited
Blast specters across their mind
Lost love, doubted faith, muted fear

Win or lose, and lose and lose
Demons await each sinking ship
The world has a remedy for pain
A price for which no man has cured
Though many die to play the game

War is not won or lost, simply staved
For each eye opening, another melee
Often I think about my brothers' fight
But so do I ponder about silent strifes
For each a price is being paid daily

But what calling is it to write their way
Though told,  I've walked both roads
To no end, another spit blooms, as  yours
Because all men must fight wars,
Headstones are but proof that they do

No comments:

Post a Comment