Sunday, July 7, 2013

Of All Things

Of all the things I know,
Surely I must not understand this
Thing of trampled madness
The one that beats beneath my skin
Not far below protection
My mask against the world

Of all the things I've seen,
Surely I have not gazed its depth
Or how it glows, when it glistens
To stake my claim or place
I would need a guide, some direction
Understanding I have seldom felt

Of all things left,
Surely will come unearthed
A rightly marching parade
When my secret neither tires nor rests
And then I'll know I've found it
To glimpse upon what I've waited
For all the ends of Earth to see

Of all things not spoken,
This I must speak the least
For surely wrong hands lay all about
Them I've known all my passing days
But about this I'm not mistaken
That I must accord my all again

No comments:

Post a Comment