Sunday, January 5, 2014

If Handguns Were Hand Grenades

If I could make anything,
I would make it late September
Autumnal colors bold and thick
If I could play any song,
I'd play one to remember
Some melody that would stick

If I understood anything,
I would understand the fall
Not go flailing against the wind
If I understood any words,
I would understand them all
Note which way the road would bend

If I were to say anything,
I would speak words not yet spoken
No thing cunning or brilliant, only beautiful
If I were to follow any road
I would follow the one that opens
At where words stop, and laughter is full

If I were to love anything,
I would love where i felt most full
A comfortable space for my heart's refresh
If I were to love anyone,
I would love without following rules
The woman who best understands my beautiful mess





No comments:

Post a Comment