Monday, March 21, 2011

It Just Felt Right

'Man, I'm getting tired of falling', he says
My hands are infinitely stained with time
Just once could someone reach out to catch me
Maybe then I wouldn't be in such a place
Where no one around me knows my name
Just yesterday the birds around me sang
Came back from Winter's Edge just in time for Spring
Surely they don't rebuff me for all of my efforts in vain
Just wanted what all men want before they are old and gray
Carrying on my name, a son would light his father's day
Though a little girl is always her daddy's world
I no longer pray those things upon the One who lit the stars
For He already knows what is in my heart
Instead I stay faithfully along my path
Even when the dust makes it hard to see
I know there is a place I am going to
Today I am just with pad and pen
Tomorrow I will write the story of the world
The story that was made for me
You may call me a dreamer
Surely you would be right about that
For all of my dreams, I dream in color
And I trust enough to see them through
For no one in this world cares about your dreams
Or at least not as much as you do
Holding fast to them will set you free
I hold no anger for anything life has handed me
Valuable lessons etched to my soul to bring me back home
Had to walk a million miles in a sinner's shoes
Before I was reborn and began to love me
For hating myself never brought me to many places of light
But darkened my day before it even began
Running upon the path of least resistance is a myth you know
That path that seemed the easiest was the hardest one to bear
For angels don't walk beside you, when you are in the devils lair
I know these things, and I share them unto you
For holding everything inside is part of my greatest failure
Being afraid to speak has cost me much before
And wanting to tell her what I could not find the words to say
May yet live to haunt me another day
One thing I wanted to share before you go from here
Is that the world spins swiftly now, old with years
Don't tally about with dreams, but make such haste
As to see them through with a mountain of faith
Nothing in this life should be so grand
That attaining it separates you from your Maker's Hand
I found alot of peace just this morn,
Hitting my knees in such a familiar place
In the quiet before dawn I sit and talk with Him
Who has made all of the madness drift asunder
To the birds who sing in this early light
Sing down a little tune down for me
Remember that I fed you all those days
When the food was bare and hard to find
For I cherish your sappy songs about finding love
And all of the little things that make this big world slow down
Think I must be going quickly now void of fear
For a lifetime compressed into a  single day
Is surely what waits for me as I leave from here

No comments:

Post a Comment