Monday, March 21, 2011

So What If It Is..

So what if it all ended today
How much of it really mattered anyhow?
The things you thought you needed
They were all but useless somehow
None of it helped you find yourself
You were seething from it all
I could have told you it would be this way
If only you had taken the time to listen
We would never be in this mess
All of us are just wanting for the same thing
A place above the surface
An etched photograph that states existence
Yet the photographs, They fade with time
And no one will see them anyhow
So what did it all amount to in the end?
Did it turn out like you had hoped?
Did you get all that you had wanted?
Or did you fall and flail like us all?
Did you find a God you could believe in?
In the end, Did he save you from all this?
I bet He did, just as it was ending
For you were always lucky anyhow
Gracious is my God, He saved me long ago
The rest that lied in between mattered none
Somehow I still attempted my collection of things
And Loved quite like I shouldn't
Was there not someone who was safe?
She must have got lost on her way
Much like I did long in the ancient past
I hid in the shadows back then
Could not see it all coming down
There must be something I missed
On my way here, for I am sure of it now
The end of things is quite like the beginning
There is no middle ground when you can't remember
What you were going to say next
I kept the time as I waited for her
She knew me not as of yet
And I knew her less though I'd seen her face
Little it matters if this was the last day of it all
And less still if I couldn't recall my lines
The trouble with wisdom is making room for more
Memories no longer of use float out of reach
Tempted to grab at them, Yet I refrain
Risky business are moments from the past
The train is moving now, faster than before
Anyone who was going is sure to be on board
I look far and wide of me for any inclination
That I was surely not riding alone
Reassurance that it was not another dream
Where the endings were always the same
The middle of which were blurred
And I awoke sweating from the weight of it all
Maybe this was really it this time
And I could not keep from thinking
So What if it Is?

No comments:

Post a Comment