Friday, June 10, 2011

By No Other Name

Fear's allies are the actions it suffocates
Drawing energy from its unfortunate host
Spinning webs of confusion into empty spaces
Unsure thought opens the door and questions loudly
Dreams replicate fears in their sad painted pictures
Yet tomorrow does pass all the same in time

Lies told by an unseen evil that are real as the believer himself
Controlling every thread and fabric of faithless resistance
Stories told, have spake of the men she has ruined  yesteryear
Those men and women, who heard of Faith, still slamming the door
Folding the truth so to make it readily sound makes dangerous the lies
Fear would have all of them for they knew no God with which to side

The Dreamer too, He spoke of such things, yet I could not remember when
He told me that I had to believe, Even if believing brought doubt upon my soul
I wished I were as candid as he, That I could cast all the lies away to sea
Brimming with Faith, he lost all things of old, yet gained much vision anew
No longer upon the Liar's Chair, where Fear reigned with the Jester's mad grin
Instead a step further, One more eternity passed on the infinite thread that binds us all

No comments:

Post a Comment