Sunday, September 2, 2012

Paper Airplanes

There's this girl who flew some airplanes
Made of paper, in her sleep
Directing their every whim with her fingertip
Some flew too loudly now
Woke her from her softly stated slumber
Crashing jets on runways
And runaway dreams, they save lives,
Correcting certain neurosis
Of battles lost and others won on lucid fronts
The walls come down some
Where everyone can see her flying machines,
And I laugh at her wildly
As if I knew what that untraveled road really meant
But there is a plan to her
Her planes represent all the places she still must go,
And I sit drinking coffee
Wondering if there is room in those plans for me,
Sure she said to me
All I am asking for, Is your ticket to eternity
We both laugh at this
As if it really means something, But we know it surely does
And we walk off the silent stage
She knows I'll tell everyone about her many plans
About flying planes from here
With a long haired dreamer with no razor, yet a pen in his hand
Some laugh, but for that I have no care

No comments:

Post a Comment