Monday, February 17, 2014

Chivalry of a Song

I did not ask for this fire inside my veins
Yet I stitched it there for a slow release
And every step I took to a better place
It unravels when I stand outside the door

My breath catches tight in the evening sky
Palms are quite sweaty and heart apace
Though I'm not noticed again this night too
And I repress, I subdue, naturally it is so

What I've come to find is all but unbinding
The ties that hold it together hidden at night
By a blanket of doubt, some other insecurity
And still I pour what warmth I have to bring

Don't feel bad for me, who made this choice
My violin swoons fearlessly against the wind
That its broken silence might shatter chains
To free away a child, the woman in my dreams

We're riding the ferris wheel, on different seats
One car after the other looking out into the sea
Contradictory images from the same damn pool
What appears to be different, is a face or name

And I come here often, will long as I can tell
That caring fondly, is seldom about my needs
If I could do anything, I would do it all the same
Regardless of endings, some fairy tales are real

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment