Monday, May 2, 2011

Dreams of Angels

What I'm looking for may no longer exist
Yet it does not deter my dreamer's heart
Shadows fracture time's eventual status
Give me something I can see and touch
A memory that even time cannot erase
I've been running for so long now
No longer know why I started running
The beat of my heart as it slows
Down long enough for my blood to cool
In that place where echoes die
Once when I dreamt of who I would meet
I woke up to find that I was alone
Though I can still smell perfume
And its inflection upon the wind
I am looking for truths that outlive existence
The one that would dare to dream through it all
Have no fear upon my wisdom, but challenge it
Complete my complex nature and be my simple truth
The one thing in this world that brings back the laughter
I had when I was but a boy
The sound that has not escaped my chords
Since the day that I started this road
I've given away my whole nature in search of something new
I'll show you what a lifetime has done to my feet
Yet has kept my heart forever young
Take a chance and let love be all we'll ever know
I'll show you a road only dreamers dream of
The tide rests at my feet as I kick sand over yours
Our toes touch and I'm out of time
These hands I have been given
Their gentle nature underlies their physical strength
My heart holds them soft
Warmth from my soul repeats
Riff, Chorus, Riff

No comments:

Post a Comment