Saturday, May 21, 2011

Rage, Dance, Fly

The days roll by swiftly with the abruptness of thunder
Seldom do they pause  for reflection of finer symphonies
Each moment is fleeting before it even comes to exist
Trying to grasp its elusiveness is a futile attempt at control
Time rarely bends long enough to create a taste upon the lips
Yet many die in its unending revelation upon mortality
This is the course of the Earth and all of the lesser things

Give me just today, and I will dance to the song of Jupiter
I will run the great race as far as the road will take me
Looking back is no longer a destiny of my callous brain
For I spent years looking at things I could no longer see
Give a drowning man a raft and he begins to swim again
The taste of this moment will carry me to the next if it's there
And if no one is waiting when I arrive, I know I gave it everything

Portents of a failing clock strike familiar in this dreamer's heart
The world's endless blur wraps around him like a heavy coat
To think faster than time moves is the madness of lessor idols
He who attempts control over fate is long overdue direct rethought
My eyes will show you the price I paid, They've painted a thousand walls 
Today I just sit and laugh at who I used to be when I once knew everything
I know of little today, but life is sweeter for all of the Hell I've raised

No comments:

Post a Comment