Sunday, May 8, 2011

Thoughts Coursed to Pen, A Tale of Hearts

Can't you see me there, on the edge of the sand
I had been waiting for you to call out my name
I know there are shadows in the places that you go
They do not frighten me away from what I would say
Listless is the tide in the early morning dawn
Before the sun makes its approach on the eastern front
I've forged many treks to and fro over this callous, sorted Earth
My travels have spread the miles and years out between us
Yet I always remembered where we started off friends
I came back here no longer knowing who you were
I had lost myself too somewhere along the way

The trouble with the human heart is knowing where to land
We always think we know just where it feels safe and home
Yet the past remains to show us the error in trusting blindly
And our mistakes tend to linger like the paint upon the wall
The ocean though, its resurgence to the shore cleans up our hearts
Slowly it draws the mediocrity back from where it came
Yet the erasure of hurt and pain takes its time and is seldom scarless
Those reminders of fortune though, they serve us well
Visages of past and present collide somewhere in the in between
I saw you there at the edge of the water, and I knew you once again
Time has been kind to you my friend, The ocean salt has made you shine

Getting around the dunes, Evading all the extra space in between my thoughts
I came to speak to her, as she held her head in the dusky summer breeze
I cannot tell her what tomorrow holds, yet uncertainties hold blessings in secret
I may never be more than a writer with a pen, A scholar with an open book
The times may yet find me far away from the riches of the modern world
Yet I work hard, and I've found the secrets to life seldom involve materiality
Many man have called a woman on her beauty, But few really see and mean it
As the moon rises in the clear, midnight sky, I walked over and held her hand
I told her regardless of where we stood that I would always hear her heart
That I may not understand everything, Yet that I knew enough to stay
Told her she never met anyone like me, and that It was going to be okay
That no matter how it all ended, I would be her friend anyway

No comments:

Post a Comment