Sunday, July 31, 2011

Lefty's Jaunt

I don't have all the notes of life
In fact, I often sing out of key
I'm chronically misunderstood
Even when I am making sense
My dreamer's path oft skewed
Even when God has lit the way
I recognize the forest today
I can finally see all the trees
I don't need my feelings spared
I stand firmly on my own two feet
Swimming in a bright ocean blue
Rising in thought and with the tide
Floating on the sea, Glimmering
I share myself with those I love
Yet I keep my self worth today
Walking firmly through my fears
Finding a safe place to lay my head
Unlike the places I did go in days past
The thorns left their heated stings
And I rejoice to be free of them
Mixing words with sordid thoughts
My maker found me out to sea
So if I speak freely of Him
Understand my grateful stride
And when I speak in riddles
Listen closely and hear my sound
Answers trickle from its tune
Even I hear them now

No comments:

Post a Comment