Monday, July 25, 2011

Summer Found Us Somewhere Along the Way

Long before I could tell you, I knew
Times before I could hold you, I sought
A window opened briefly in time
The shadows on your heart slipped away
Yet I move about you with a gentle pace
If only to show you that I came to stay
That life and laughter can come from lesser things
An entire ocean of dreams can rush to your feet
Who you see today is who I've always wanted to be
I had to get there on my own, before I found someone to show
When I held your hand, my other thoughts drifted away
I whispered to your ear that we should dare to dream
Never will it be the way it was, We can do anything
I looked at you and smiled, knowing deep inside
I was surely where I was meant to be
That happiness was quietly found

No comments:

Post a Comment