Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Soliciting Nature's Gift

Whirling canyons I have never seen
Intrigue my mind to travel forward
In the absence of worry, I find peace
The valley is higher than before the storm
Inconsistent crests become more solid still
I awoke to find the trees that were evergreen
Back in the distance, flood waters capitulate
The ravine recedes and now the ferns can grow
Roots planted deep never quite fade away
Faith allows their recourse, and holds firm
Catching my breath on majestic mountains
I never knew how to look at paintings before
Paint could never do this any justice anyhow
The canvas my life has produced is rich indeed
Only I had to envelop my eyes to absorb its treasure
Retire the brush that painted sorted scenes
Becoming open to a brighter, greener front
As the day awakens, and the old familiar Orb glows
I laugh at myself, What a folly was misguided darkness
When the Earth beneath my feet promised my redemption
Sharper my thoughts are to avoid the jagged cliffs
To avoid the minds eye, that lets it slip from this place
Where dreams are grown, and flowers forever bloom

No comments:

Post a Comment