Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Not So Elusive

Counting the raindrops that I could see
Knowing that some of them fell just for me
Waking to the pitter of my beating heart
Comprehending its resurgence from the start
Having hope in the the miracle of dreams
Waiting on forever is not what it seems
Seldom do I rhyme any written verse
Yet this morning was full of unrehearse
Breaking the mold by holding long court
Nervous attempts of the grandest sort
How could new thought provoke much passion
Never in years have I seen such a fashion
Opening the door to electrifying  thought
Finding there what I had not sought
Has me wishing upon migrating stars
Bounding on speedy rockets and racing cars
Sleepy-eyed and still full of amaze
Wandering through morning in a silly daze
Thoughts captured and pen partly dry
I closed the book with a dreamer's sigh

No comments:

Post a Comment