Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Aftermath of Dreams

All is irrelevant after waking up again, Grasping uselessly at fleeting figures
The visions and memories must remain in the seamless void of sleep
They cannot follow into the waking world, yet their revelations remain
Healing some dreams can be, Closure found to long lost things
Every piece of a jagged puzzle brought together whole
The ones that used to keep me numb, I erased them so
No longer needed are my worry, pain, and woe

Memories not yet made, linger in the passage of sleep
People not yet connected by time, Dangling ends of a larger plan
These are the things I keep in the morning after
My hopes and dreams aligned to singular thoughts
One in particular that never leaves, but remains sweet and innocent
These things I keep to myself, For a better time, in a better place
I pray that God hasn't forgotten about my dreams, I know he knows my heart
In the aftermath of it all, I sit here real still, Listening to the silence before I start

No comments:

Post a Comment