Monday, February 14, 2011

Cupid's Reach

Walk swiftly past the confusion
For the heart knows no bounds
A dreamer's heart is anxious
Many times deflated and stomped
Today I give my hopes and dreams to God
For trusting in Him has never made me hurt
He knows the desires of the heart
He already knows where I will fall
He works to remove the scars left on the surface
He rubs out the ones deep within
My expectations always landed me in the most sorted of places
My company kept watch from their liars' chairs
The mistakes I made with my beating heart
They are well documented upon a scroll
The travesties of unrest I have lead my heart to
They no longer have purpose and meaning here
For now I walk on the cloud of peace
I was ransomed by a Divine Love
My heart has but one place in this mortal world
It may have yet to touch its destination
Yet God has always known where it would land
She is out there waiting for my dreamer's heart
Maybe I have not yet seen her
Perhaps we are already friends
I wait upon the Lord in these matters
I stay still in this life of mine
I gave up every way of knowing I had
For it all led me down a lesser road
Standing just outside of Cupid's reach
Lest he lead me astray again
Carry on now lonesome dreamer
Your meeting with Juliet is yet at hand

No comments:

Post a Comment