Thursday, February 10, 2011

Things I Now Know

The words began from this pen long ago
I knew there were things I must write
Things that needed to escape my soul
I could not keep it all inside
That is unfair to you, a great injustice to me
All of the travels I took are real
All roads that brought me here still exist
Yet I don't retrace those steps today
They lead me to places of a lesser me
I began this story back when the world was but new
Before memories skewed the things I would say
When life was but an ocean of all the things I had not seen
Back when Summer lasted forever, Back before I even lost myself
Losing and Finding on the road that leads us here
All the material things that really meant nothing at all
Caught up were we in the infinite madness of everything
Not looking at where we would land
Here now that I found myself, I sing to you my sweetest song
May I remember what I came here for,
May I write until the story is done
Much brighter now than days from that other life
No more pieces and broken objects scattered about the ground
Blown away with the parting wind, The closet cleaned anew
I start this journey without much sound, but speak of miracles I have seen
Standing sideways with both eyes open, lest I fall into the depths again
Don't be caught like I was, Swallowed by apathy and time
Cast down foolish things, Find your door
Become all that you came for

No comments:

Post a Comment