Thursday, February 17, 2011

More

More than just dreams, Facts upon the wall
Triumphs of the dreamer that dreamt it all
Knowing me has not brought you too far
All of my feelings I keep in this jar
My machinations can't escape with mere ink
Nothing I write can let you feel what I think
I am the one who went looking for more
More than I found outside of your door
I am the truth you would rather not abide
All of my thoughts, they seldom coincide
I'll say things you would rather not hear
Yet saying them makes everything clear
Wasted time amongst so much more
I'm leaving it here on this earthly floor
Tears I cried were not even wet
Though they rest upon my soul and I let
How I wonder through this life is a mystery
Yet I refuse to be haunted by my own history
There is more at the other side of it all
I've but tasted the grapes in the fall
See what I have seen with these eyes
And you too will believe in a prize
That no longer returns to hallow places
Though I cannot erase all the traces
So I spent a lifetime looking for more
But more turned out to be too much to ask for

No comments:

Post a Comment