Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Disclaimer

I'm not like you, Not like any of you at all
The road I took to get here, I would not wish on anyone
Yet that road led me to the sweetest release I have every known
All the paths I took to get here, All the doors I slammed shut in my apathetic blur
They represent everything that makes me who I am today
Why I had to walk the broken road, Why I had to get tired of falling down
These are not answers I have, but surely God knows why
It took every ounce of pain I've endured for me to be set free
Though my vindication speaks volumes for my dreamer's heart
I had the best of intentions, Yet failed at them all
I felt I was a good man all along, yet knew nothing of what that meant
I walked the path of least resistance, It took me straight to the gates of Hell
Arduous my climb came from the darkest moments of my existence
I am standing here today only because my Lord saw fit to rescue me
He took me from that place that knows no sound
Now upon this new path I've been walking many miles
I write and live for Him, I owe Him the sweetest of everything
As I rise again this morning, Everything comes clear to my endless heart inside
I spent a whole lifetime running, I think its time I just stood still
Find your greater purpose if you can, My own has served me well

No comments:

Post a Comment