Friday, February 11, 2011

In a Moment

What constitutes a moment, is little more than seconds of an earthly clock
A memory captured in an instant, and gone before the morning dew leaves the ground
So few are these precious gems of our lives, that few recognize them at all
Time does not come to a halt for any mortal, Nor does it slow
Yet in these moments, time seems to soften and bend
For just a millisecond can you almost feel the slowness and wholeness of it all
Grab these moments and hold them tightly to your heart
For life's blur will quickly resume, leaving you to where you came from
I know of these things, I have missed quite a few myself
Elusive are they when your head is on upside down
I have since stilled my anxious beating heart
While I cannot slow the hands of the clock, I can soften them some
To not be in such a haste, makes the days a little longer
To enjoy each moment, blurs away the apathy
Rejoice that these days are here, They may be the best you ever see
For we know not what lies up ahead, nor should we be in a hurry to get there
What constitutes a moment is letting go of everything I know
Trusting that this moment in time is where I need to be
For the next one might not be just as sweet
Maybe I'll not even get there you know
That much is not guaranteed to me
One thing I do know for sure amongst other things
That all of these moments are free

No comments:

Post a Comment